Thursday, February 17, 2011

And thusly t'were it discovered.

I'm inclined to believe that I only ever dream when I have a full night's rest or in the very least I'm only able to remember my dreams after a good 9 hours or sleep. I'm so under-practiced that this dream was hardly as vivid as they used to be, but I'll tell you what I can.

I'm diving up and down alleys in Winnipeg. I've lost something though I'm really not sure what. I keep checking my phone, I'll be getting a text any moment. I see somebody backing out of their garage and I turn off my headlights, as well as my dashboard lights.
Clearly I'm doing something illegal. Sure enough the second my car goes dark I get a phone call. "You can pick me up now." *click* Ah yes, I'm supposed to pick up my old grade school buddy Marc.

I pull onto McPhillips (one of the main arteries in the North End of Winnipeg) and start heading for the core. It was then that my car fell apart, piece by piece, very quickly. There really wasn't much to this process, one second it was a unit and the next it was a pile of scrap. I had serious roadrash on my behind, but that really didn't matter now. what I need... is a bicycle.

Well wouldn't you know it, there's a bicycle on the side of the road. So I hop on, a little off balance because I haven't been on a bike in ages. With every wobble the bike seems to get a little larger until it's towering above the buildings downtown. I keep trying to dismount but it's too late, the bike has me. I'm involved in a head on collision with a city bus, which sends me hurdling over the handlebars and into the pavement where every bone in my body is crushed into a fine powder, is soaked with blood, and becomes a red paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment